Wednesday, May 6, 2009

New job, new grill

For those of you who didn't know Michelle and I made a deal. When I got a new job, we could buy a grill. Well, bada boom bada bing, I have a new job. So, one day I researched grills and came across the one that I thought worked the best for our situation, i.e. small balcony and light grilling needs. I discovered that it was at Lowe's so Michelle and I did a "fact finding" mission one night, only to discover they didn't have any at the location nearest us. So as we drove back home Michelle called the other Lowe's in the area......no body had them. C'mon. Well, when we got home I called another Lowe's......voila, they had 4. The next day I went to pick up the grill. Well, the box was too big for the car so I had to rent the Lowe's truck. (sidenote: Michelle later commented that I could have opened the box and taken out the individual pieces.......maybe next time) 3 hours later........2 driving back and forth to the Lowe's and 1 as they were trying to find the truck. No joke, they had "temporarily" misplaced the truck. Anywho, after I got back home I started the put the grill together. Please see my adventure below.

Here is the top:


Here is the emptied box:

All the pieces out of the box:
And here are the instructions...yes, I sometime read them:

What the what?????? Just pictures......oh boy.

Hmm, step requires two....well, I have been going to the gym recently............

Booyah.......step requires only one person and some forethought.

Well, here I am putting it back together after we learned I had used a tapper headed screw when I shouldn't have.


Please note how difficult the screwing in looks.....because it was. They do not make this easy.


Ohh la la, power tools this should help things.


Finished, with the grill cover on.


Our "naked" new grill. Mom and dad couldn't be happier.


Now with the retractable shelves out.

And with the grill open.

And now with the grill door open.

Alright, grill is completed. Now we need grill tools.


And what, you may ask, is the perfect way to chrisen a grill? Steak night, of course. I bought some steaks the next morning with the intent on grilling that evening.

I also purchased some skewers and some peppers, onions and mushrooms.


Oh, they look so good.


The meat on the grill.


The meat with the veggie's. Delicious.

5 comments:

Lindsay @ 402CenterStreet.blogspot.com said...

Did Fran eat some of those veggies? Looks like you could have fed an army.

Nice looking grill though! Congrats! (on the job AND the grill)

Dust and Ashes said...

Good looking fare.

Linds, I hear that Fran has taken to eating "twiggy". Maybe it's just a phase. =D

><>

iamryno said...

I'm warmed by the fact that you too, Andrew, put things together shoeless.

Can't wait for my first sampling from the grill!!!

Holly said...

Congratulations! I challenge you to a celebratory grill-off next time I'm in town.

Jacqui said...

Yum!

Congrats on the job too Andrew! I look forward to hearing about it. Mike said that it shouldn't be as stressful as your previous one, so I am relieved for you. I hope you enjoy it!