Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Summer is around the corner...right?

It may still be snowing here, but I got a little taste for summer.

This...

plus this...
plus this...
Equals, yummy strawberry shortcake!!! Come on summer!!!
Monday night I made strawberry shortcake - and it is TASTY!
Tonight for dinner we fixed a shrimp dish - it looked pretty, but I think I got a little too much hot seasoning!
We didn't quiet make it through the whole bowl, before our mouth started burning!


But it was good while it lasted.

6 comments:

Lindsay @ 402CenterStreet.blogspot.com said...

Yum! We got some of the best strawberries at Meijer of all places and I was tempted to bake a pound cake. In the end, I couldn't wait that long to eat them. Yours looks so good though I may have to pick up some more.

The shrimp looks really good! Wanna share the recipe?

Michelle said...

Linds,
These berries were HUGE and red. They were so good, they didn't need the cake. But I have always ate the cake plain anyway...the berries were just an excuse to make the cake.
As for the shrimp recipe - it is one you gave me minus the celery (Andrew doesn't like celery) and mushrooms (I don't like mushrooms) which the recipe called for - and I didn't measure out the spices I just shook the crushed red pepper shaker until it turned a pretty color.

Dust and Ashes said...

I had some pretty hot shrimp at Applebee's last Saturday night, but I was at least able to eat it. Yours does look good, and so does the shortcake. I'm trying to beat your Mom with a comment.

Holly said...

The hotter the better, I say!

Anonymous said...

I have shrimp to use, send me the recipe please, we like mushrooms and celery but not too much hot taste. Your food always make me so hungry!! grandma B

Lindsay @ 402CenterStreet.blogspot.com said...

Shell, that's so funny, I have no idea what recipe you are talking about. :) I guess I need to look through my recipe cards.