Tuesday, April 7, 2009

So how are our plants?

I am glad you asked...our blackberry bush should be bearing fruit in no time!
Here is the blueberry bush and the blackberry bush:

And a close up - I think they are doing so well because of all the natural sunlight they get.

This was our Sunday meal...Almond Crusted Tilapia - and almond green beans. SO GOOD!

For those who requested it - the shrimp recipe:
Shrimp Etoufee
(serves: 5)
1/4 c. butter
1/2 onion chopped
1 1/2 stalk celery, chopped (left out for Andrew)
1 clove garlic, pressed (I chopped)
1 T flour (I used 2)
2 1/4 t. paprika (I just gave a little sprinkle)
1 1/4 lbs shrimp, peeled, deveined, & chopped (I used 2 lbs - that was what was in the bag I bought and really what would I do with 3/4 lb leftover shrimp?)
1/4 c. mushrooms (YUCK!)
salt, pepper, & crushed pepper to taste (this is where I got in trouble - I went by color not taste!)
In a large skillet, melt butter & saute onions, celery & garlic, 45 mins. or until cooked down. Stir in flour & cook briefly, do not brown. Stir in chopped shrimp & cook for 20 mins. (I used frozen precooked shrimp and it didn't take that long to cook.) Pour in 3/4 cup water & mushrooms (skipped this step - didn't even add water.) Stir in paprika & season with salt, pepper & crushed red pepper. Cook for 30 mins. or until thick like gravy. Serve over rice. Enjoy!
Also, for those wondering Fran is doing well. This was my attempt at taking her picture when she was sitting like a person. She does it so she can lick her belly, and she looks like a fur ball when she does it, it is pretty funny. But she moved when she saw the camera come out.
We did however capture a little bit of Fran's "playtime." She always seems to be more active in the evenings. This is a regular occurrence in the Waggoner household...I would say at least once a night we play the "Comforter Creature" game...she falls for it every time.


6 comments:

Dust and Ashes said...

The plants are looking good. The meals in are still looking like restaurant fare (the talapia especially). The Fran video is cute, but the "Comforter Creature" will never be a big motion picture villain, I don't believe. Thanks for posting. =D
><>

Anonymous said...

We bought some delicious blackberries at Chief and enjoyed them. . .they were tempting and there was the possibility yours wouldn't be ready for Saturday 18 when we meet again.
mom

Lindsay @ 402CenterStreet.blogspot.com said...

Totally random post. :) I had forgotten about that shrimp recipe. I'll have to give it another whirl. I hope our rasberry bushes do as well. Our blueberry bush met an untimely demise when the pot toppled. :(

O.k., Lily just saw dad's picture here on the comments and keeps saying "paw paw. . . paw paw. . ." Cute. (Sorry Mom, you don't have a photo and she doesn't read yet)

Anonymous said...

She doesn't read yet??? What are you doing???

Jacqui said...

Thank you so much for the Fran update!! I love the little video. I am so happy. :-)

Thanks for taking such good care of her!

iamryno said...

such the green thumbs!!!