Thursday, November 20, 2008

We're Crabby

I haven't been feeling the best the past few nights. Just a lot of congestion, it always seems to happen when there is a change in the weather. So we were planning on having soup and grilled cheese for supper. Andrew wanted tomato soup, and we didn't have any. So after getting off our train we walked to Whole Foods. We got tomato soup, orange juice, and crab legs. They were on sale and Andrew asked very nicely.
When we got home I put the legs in the frig and we had our soup and sandwiches, Andrew did a little work, I read, and we headed to bed.
Fast forward to the next evening. It is 9 pm and we are on the phone with my parents. We tell them about the crab purchase and debate on how they are to be prepared. Andrew does a little Internet research he found that the legs should not be refrigerated, they should be frozen. And if they are put in the fridge they can only last 2 days before going bad.
So at 9 pm, Andrew started boiling a pot of water, to fix the legs. Once the water had boiled the legs cooked in no time. They turned out just lovely.
As you can see Andrew really enjoyed playing with the legs.
And we BOTH enjoyed eating them!

4 comments:

Dust and Ashes said...

Wow! I am often amazed at how God orchestrates things to our benefit. I don't know why I am always amazed. He has done it so many times and proven over and over what He is capable of. I guess my amazement causes me to be aware that it WAS God that did this thing or that thing, especially the little things.

I'm glad you were able to enjoy the legs, and that they were saved from spoiling. I guess, then, we won't be having them for Thanksgiving after all.

Can't wait to see you,
Dad Brandon

Lindsay @ 402CenterStreet.blogspot.com said...

Rats! I was hoping for a deep fried crab leg next week.

Mike Sharrow said...

what did Fran think of Crab?

The claw pincer on Andrew's nose is a classic and keeper. Wow.

Holly said...

I was waiting for crab leg earrings, but apparently the camera was put away before Andrew made it that far...