Sunday, January 4, 2009

A new year, a new post

Well we spent a fairly uneventful New Years eve at our place. However we have a couple of pictures of the evening.....hang on.

Per my usual M.O. I gave Michelle a Christmas coupon.....hooray. I had given her 3 options this is the one that she picked.......a mixer. oh la la.

A tasty little side shot.


I'm not totally sure what got into her, but the following pictures are evidence of her new enthusiasm for cooking after getting the mixer.

More "eye candy".



Haha, OK, so we actually picked up this little gem at Whole Foods, but we are both pretty sure that with enough time we can get to this level. How hard can it really be?

One of the best/funniest Christmas presents was the "Dead Fred" pen holder. Please see below for its ability to put a smile on your face.


Franny got a fun present for Christmas as well - a cigar with cat nip. This isn't a great picture, but I think you get the idea. She went crazy for it.



This picture, while fuzzier, but documents her new found addiction.



I guess the saying; "like cat, like cat owner" holds true. This Christmas, it was cigars for everyone. For those that don't know I received cigars at both the Brandon family Christmas and the Waggoner family Christmas. Pretty funny.
Then as the Grand Finale to our vacation, we got to witness two dear friends getting hitched. I was a groomsman. It was a good way to celebrate our engagement day and Grandpa & Grandma Brandon's anniversary. Don't I have a lovely wife - she got a new hair cut. Meeeeooooow.

5 comments:

Lindsay @ 402CenterStreet.blogspot.com said...

I'm having mixer envy.

Dust and Ashes said...

Mom's not, she can't have too many carbs.

><> Dad

p.s. We like the new "do" too.

Anonymous said...

Oh the blender does much more than carbs!
Although with the proper attachment I could make my own pasta - can you imagine?

Lindsay @ 402CenterStreet.blogspot.com said...

Are we waiting for another New Year for another new post?

Turn about is fair play. ;)

Hope you guys are doing well.

Anonymous said...

Unlike you Lindsay - I don't blog from work...so I had to wait until we got home to blog - Luckily for us the story came to us tonight. Hope you enjoy the new post. ;)